Is Viagra injection advisable post suffering a heart attack?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I,have had a heart attack would there be any problem taking it.i do not take any nitro pills .
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that there is no contraindication for using this class of drugs in your situation.

As you are not taking nitro pills, there is no risk.

I recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure, especially if you are taking anti-hypertensive drugs, because when used together they may increase the risk for low blood pressure.

You can reduce the doses of your anti-hypertensive drugs (if you are taking any) the day that you will take the injection.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri