Is Udiliv safe during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have rashes in leg and arms along with itching in night.. Doctor has suggested me to take udiliv 300 mg and citrezin (okacet).. I'm worried .. Is it safe for the baby and me
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Udiliv and Cetirizine are both safe for baby. Lab work. Deworming.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
I have carefully gone through your query, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.

1. First of all do not panic.

2. As such both the prescribed medicines are safe as far as pregnancy is concerned.

Your treating doctor has rightly prescribed Tab Udiliv in view of treating the liver condition in which bile salts and bile pigments are raised. And Cetirizine is antiallergic medicine.And both the drugs are safe for use in pregnancy and at your pregnancy gestation of 35 weeks.

3. i will also suggest to get some investigations done, like hemogram, urine routine examination with bile salts and bile pigments, liver function tests, stool routine examination.

4. Besides those medications , I will suggest you to avoid new food stuffs, new pulses and legumes( Daal),fish or eggs; meaning those things which you are not used to.
Try to find any other allergic substances like soaps, perfumes, body talc etc. that is newly used.

5. Sometimes deworming agents taken orally also help. I will suggest Tab Albendazole 400mg stat to be chewed, of course you will need the prescription for the same.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you great health.
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 12 minutes later
Thanks this helps.. Yes I'm panicking as this is our first child and I have convinced after 4 years.. I have taken the tablet today, however the itching is still not reduced.. Hopefully it reduces, as I have not slept properly from last few days
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not panic. Symptoms will slowly resolve.

Detailed Answer:
hi there,
thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

I can understand your worries as a mother to be.

Please do not be afraid, your treatment is on right path. Your symptoms will start fading away shortly.

I will also suggest you avoid chana daal, and deep fried foods and spicy items.

Drinking KOKUM/AMSOOL sharbat will also be of help.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar