Is Tylenol effective in treatment of severe headaches?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Having severe headache for last 2 days. Tried OTC, would you suggest any other pill for me ? Is tylenol useful ? Test question - from XXXX
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tylenol will be useful.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your health query, I am Dr. Yogesh addressing your question.

I understand that you are suffering from headache and would like relief from it, however, I would need more information about this headache so I request you to answer a few questions so that I can understand what is going on.

1. Can you describe the part of the head where it is hurting the maximum? (front just above the eyes, sides, top or back).
2. Do you have high blood pressure or diabetes?
3. Do you wear spectacles, if yes, since when and when did you get your vision checked last?
4. What time of the day is the headache most severe?
5. Does the headache get worse when you bend forward or while you are walking?
6. What kind of work do you do and are you going through any work related stress or any other difficult situation?
7. Do you have any visual disturbances (halos, floating objects etc) associated with this headache?
8. Have you ever had similar problem in the past.

Please do write back with answers so that I can assist you further.

Meanwhile taking tylenol will help you.

Awaiting your response.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D