• question-icon

Is Taxim-O drop intake the same as Taxim-O medication for an infant?

Posted on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 in Child Health
Question: My child is of 1 year old 9.15 kgs, Doctor suggested 5ml Taxim-o syrup twice daily, it was misunderstood by medical stores guy & we also didn't verify and took Taxim-o drops and medicated 5ml drops twice to my child upto 2 bottles. He doesn't show any side effects still now. Is it create an internal problem? What will be the remedy?

The same case as said above for cyclopam 3ml syrup thrice daily, but we medicated the child with 3ml drops thrice daily upto 3 bottles
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not look concerning

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.

The given dose is indeed a higher dose for both the medicines. However, side effects or further complications are unlikely. If internal problems were to occur they would already have occurred by now.

So, I would rather insist you wait and watch.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 15 hours later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for the msg, Is it required to do any blood test for kidney and liver related parameters.

Pls also suggest what may be the symptoms we shouldn't ignore if observed in this week or so.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry. No intervention needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks again for writing back. I do not see any requirement to get any blood test (concerning the liver or kidneys) done. Had any problems occurred, clinical features would have been evident. I would insist you not to worry. If things were to go wrong, they would possibly have occurred immediately.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician