Is Tadalafil advisable after an angioplasty?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Can i take Cialis after having Angioplasty (stents insertion) when the time comes to resume sex?
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

Having stent is not a contraindication and you can have it. Very important thing is that you must not be taking nitrates like isosorbide mononitrate or dinitrate, glyceryl trinitrate or nitroglycerin tablets which comes in brand names like monotrate, sorbitrate, nitrocontin, new gtn etc.

If you are having any of these, then don't take otherwise it may cause sudden drop in blood pressure and serious side effects. Otherwise it's safe.

Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee