Is Surfaz the right medicine for swelling in groin area?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have got swelling in groin area and folds of near by areas . my doctor asked me to use surfaz-sn ointment and asked me not to wear underwear while sleeping. This has been for past one year. So when ever swelling occurs I use surfaz an . but it is not completely cured.sometimes swelling is high I can't afford during my office hours. Pls suggest me a remedy for curing this for ever. The doctor has said that this is tinea cruris. Pls suggest a remedy. I am also using dry and loose clothes as underwear
This is also affecting family life. I have been taking medicine for infertility for last few months I is there any connection with this disease
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral anti fungal medication will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Oral anti fungal medication will be helpful in your condition. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful in identifying. Surfaz snow ( clotrimazole) won't be effective for some.

I would suggest ointments containing miconazole for local application and fluconazole tablet to take orally weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrence in such case.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Nishad BN