Is Surfaz the right medicine for swelling in groin area?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have got swelling in groin area and folds of near by areas . my doctor asked me to use surfaz-sn ointment and asked me not to wear underwear while sleeping. This has been for past one year. So when ever swelling occurs I use surfaz an . but it is not completely cured.sometimes swelling is high I can't afford during my office hours. Pls suggest me a remedy for curing this for ever. The doctor has said that this is tinea cruris. Pls suggest a remedy. I am also using dry and loose clothes as underwear
This is also affecting family life. I have been taking medicine for infertility for last few months I is there any connection with this disease
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral anti fungal medication will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Oral anti fungal medication will be helpful in your condition. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful in identifying. Surfaz snow ( clotrimazole) won't be effective for some.

I would suggest ointments containing miconazole for local application and fluconazole tablet to take orally weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrence in such case.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Answered by
Dr. Nishad BN

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 5224 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Tinea cruris

doctor1 MD

I have a rash, which I originally thought was jock itch. I have been treating it with topical ointment for several weeks now. The ointment seems to...

doctor1 MD

I have recently returned from a business trip and stayed in a hotel. I have been known to have jock itch in the past but this time my scrotum is...

doctor1 MD

I think I have dermatitis of the scrotum. At first, I though it was jock itch and used topical creams and sprays but it has gone on for a very long...

doctor1 MD

I have a recurring rash (usually twice a year for the past three years) that starts in my groin and goes to my underarms, waistband, buttocks, and...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is...

doctor1 MD

Since 10 years i am having this fungal infection which always comes in the groin area, i tried to follow few months courses suggested by doctors....

doctor1 MD

I have following issue which occurred there for a couple of month. Issue: Itching in rectum

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction