Is Stretta procedure recommended for an elderly person?
find the answer below.
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Stretta procedure to treat GERD is one of the latest and effective treatment modality, as such age is not a contra indication to undergo this procedure. since its a relatively non invasive procedure done through endoscopy, it can be advised in an elderly person with relatively good health condition.
However you need to be vary of Complications during the Stretta procedure, which even though are very rare. In one study of Stretta procedures, only 29 out of 15,000 people experienced some kind of complication. Some possible risks include:
gastroparesis, or food remaining in stomach too long
erosive esophagitis, or irritation of the throat from the Stretta tube
esophageal perforation, or injury to the throat from the Stretta tube
adverse reaction to anesthesia
gas and bloating.
I hope this helps you
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is lasix advisable for an elderly person
- Signs that an elderly person is dying
- Bleed in urine in elderly person
- Bruising on stomach of elderly person
- Elderly person blood in stools
- Elderly person blood in urine
- Bump on the head of elderly person
- How an elderly person feels on morphine
- Swollen stomach elderly person
- Large raised blood blister on an elderly person
- What does my ultrasound scan test report indicate?
- What causes drowsiness in a CKD patient after a missed EPO injection?
- Does frequent masturbation cause recurrence of jaundice?
- How long does Suboxone stay in your system?
- Suggest remedies for persistent back pain
- What causes dark discolouration of urine and burning sensation during...
- What are the repercussions of overdosing on Terbinafine?
- Does intake of Dicorate cause weight gain?
- Suggest remedies for rashes in groin area
- Are green stools a cause for concern?