Is Sotalol better than Amiodarone?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that Amiodarone could be a treatment option, as Sotalol has been ineffective in your clinical situation, although these drugs belong to the same pharmacological class.
But before trying this medical alternative which is associated to several adverse effects, other anti-arrhythmic drugs seem to be more suitable to your clinical scenario.
I would recommend considering a maintenance regimen with Propafenone 150mg three times daily or Flecainide 100mg twice daily.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above treatment options.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?