question-icon

Is Skeleton safe to take for knee replacement after discontinuing the medication?

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018
Question: Question if I use to take skeleton 4 Times a day for 7 years and I slowed reduced gradually the amounts until I took myself off would it be wrong to asked if I could take it again. I fall often, my balance is been a problem all my life. Until I fell off my bed (2009) and shattered my neck from a 55 year old. 2 years later my falling increase until my knee gave out. With 2nd knee replacement. (2016) I am stumblebing and home bound. I take pt. every year. It helps a lot for3 times a year by of ins. Then I go down. Last year I have have 2 injection in my back. I am so sad and defeated.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (11 hours later)
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Kindly elaborate what you mean by Skeleton. Is it a calcium/ vitamin D supplement ? Please upload its ingredients/ formula to comment further.

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil