question-icon

Is Siphene effective at treating infertility?

Posted on Sat, 25 Nov 2017
Question: When I uses siphene tablet without getting periods?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You should use under supervision.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Siphene tablets 100mg contain clomiphene which is used to treat infertility in women caused by lack of ovulation, by increasing the production of FSH .

You should not use Siphene tablets if you:

are allergic to clomiphene or any ingredients in Siphene tablets
are already pregnant, as clomiphene can cause birth defects
have liver disease
have abnormal uterine bleeding
suffer from depression
have enlarged ovaries or ovarian cysts not due to polycystic ovary disease
Souse you should use it under supervision after doing pregnancy test.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal (11 hours later)
how many times use these tablet to get pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
4-6 cycles.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You need to have the tablet once a day from day 2-6 of the cycle and then go for ovulation study to have well timed intercourse during ovulation to get pregnant. All this is possible only under supervision of a gynecologist. You may need to use it for 4-6 cycles.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN