Is Silver nitrate gel ideal in the treatment of a burn injury?
Kindly upload an image
Hello. Thank you for wtiting to us
I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have hone through your query and i have noted your concern.
Can you upload an image of her burn wound so that i am able to guide you better and recommend change if any needed to what she is already applying.
Oral antibiotic and daily dressing
She has 2nd degree burn and it involves quite a large area of skin.
I would suggest that she be started on an Oral antibiotic e.g Moxclav 1gm, twice daily for a week. She may also take an oral painkiller e.g Combiflam, twice daily for pain relief.
In addition I would suggest cleaning the wound daily with sterile saline soaked gauge/ saline compresses (this will help remove dried crust and discharge) followed by Sofra tulle dressing (antibiotic impregnated gauge dressing) of denuded skin to hasten healing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body