Is Serratiopeptidase the right medicine for Bartholin cyst?

Posted on Tue, 20 Jan 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I have bartholin cyst to be drained by doctor. But she cannot mak it for the operation. So i took serratiopeptidase 5mg 2 tablets. Then i noticed there is a boil filled with blood on my labia. What should i do?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bartholin cyst marsuialization...required..explained....

Detailed Answer:
thanks for contacting healthcaremagic.

If there was a bartholin cyst to be drained , then the intake of serratiopeptidase tabs ( just 2) shouldn't cause any form of bleeding into the cyst or cause a boil filled with blood to appear .
If the blood is seen in the cyst , then there is nothing else to be done presently but it is to be drained and marsupialized.
However the best way to diagnose it further would be to visit your physician for a local examination and if its spreading or increasing in size or associated with itching pain or rash, then it may be allergic reaction to tablets ( though unlikely).
It is difficult to make a diagnosis without examining the same, so visit your physician please./ or you may send a photograph of the lesion attached alongwith to help diagnosis.

regards
Dr.Sameer Kumar
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist