Is STD transmission possible through unprotected oral sex?
From your query it was unclear what happened when, pls explain sequence
Hello and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. There was something in your query that was not clear to me, which is why I would first like to clear that before answering your question if you do not mind:
+Did you have oral sexual contact with an individual before the sore throat appeared or after:
+If you had oral sex before the sore throat appeared, how long before the sore throat appeared did you have oral sex?
+Any other symptoms other than the sore throat currently?
I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you.
There are no other symptoms. Just the irritation and feeling that I have a glob of glue in the far back of my throat. Sometimes a bit difficult to swallow. Feeling of always being dehydrated. I drink lots of fluids and have gargalled with salt water.
Often worse in the morning, as one would feel after post nasal drip. I think the oral sex was maybe two to 3 weeks ago. Again, all during the time I was already having cold symptoms. Also, I live in a desert and there is NO humidity. Very, very dry. I initially attributed this to having heat on at night which always affects my respiratory negatively.
I have no cough, though I did have slight cough during cold.
Thanks for your help doctor.
Upper respiratory tract infection, but continue with anti-histamines also
Thank you so much for your response and co-operation.
It does sound to me like an upper respiratory tract infection, and is most probably due to factors including the allergens. This could also be the reason why you are failing to find relief from the usual medications that help you. A physical and visual examination of the back of your throat should help find the cause and source and accordingly direct treatment. Do you have access to a doctor where you are sir?
In majority of cases the source is either bacterial or viral; if bacterial, we can treat it with antibiotics (e.g. azithromycin), and if viral, then it will run its course but will gradually subside. There also exists a possibility of this being fungal, and this will require anti-fungal medications. I can only sit and play the guessing game as I cannot examine you.
But as the bottom line which you are waiting for, I do not think this could be due to the oral sex, and is most probably an independent infection. Please do try to visit a doctor who should be able to help relieve your symptoms.
Please also do not hesitate to write to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
I appreciate your professionalism and advice.
I won't hesitate to contact you again if I have a question.
Thank you so much!
Always here to help sir :)
Hello once again sir.
Please feel free to write to me anytime, I am here to help, and if I can do that in anyway, it would serve me well for taking time from my time to rest, to help people around the world just like you.
Best wishes sir.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had unprotected oral sex could i have got hiv
- Had unprotected oral sex will it affect my child
- Had unprotected oral sex got blood spots is this serious
- Engaged in unprotected oral sex risk of chalymadiagonorheasyphilous and cmv
- Had unprotected oral sex concerned of contracting hpv
- Can hiv be transmitted through unprotected oral sex
- Can unprotected oral sex lead to hiv
- Unprotected oral sex tingling sensation in penis chances of std
- Can unprotected oral sex cause penis irritation
- Had unprotected oral sex is there a risk of pregnancy
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...