Is STD infection possible after oral sex?

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi Dr i went to a massage place and the girl put seran wrap on my penis and gave me oral sex for maybe 20 secondd. I got scared and stopped her. Its that something to be scared about?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry! There is no risk for HIV and STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I have been through your question.

Related your concern I think that you shouldn't worry because the risk that an HIV-negative person will get HIV from oral sex (even without protection) with an HIV-positive partner is extremely low.
Several factors may increase that risk in this case, including sores in the mouth or on the penis, bleeding gums, and the presence of other sexually transmitted diseases but I exclude this in your case( because of the seran wrap).
Usually other STDs, such as syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea and chlamydia, can be transmitted during oral sex but this is excluded as well in your case because of the using of the seran wrap.
So based on the above mentioned facts I think there is no place to worry about HIV and STD.

I hope my answer helps you.
Feel free to ask me further.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Ok thank you very much Dr i got nervous after because i looked online and people were saying seran wrap is not an effective barrier against Virusus
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is true that exist some controversial data.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you writing back in healthcaremagic.

Related your concern it is true that exist some controversial data.
At least one scientific article has suggested that plastic food wrap may be used as a barrier to protect against herpes simplex virus during oral-vaginal or oral-anal sex.
Some websites encourage “creative uses” of plastic wrap.
Consensual Text put out by Planned Parenthood of Northern New England’s Education Department sad:Using plastic wrap will protect you against HIV when engaging in anal sex, and it should be used during oral sex as well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 42 minutes later
Ok Dr thank you i will not worry about it then and will never do that withou a proper condom in the future.t
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, next time you should use a condom.

Detailed Answer:

Yes this is a good decision.
Next time you should use a condom during a sexual intercourse .

I wish you a good health.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana