Is SGPT value of 44 a cause for concern?
Thanks for question.
Why did you get the LFT alone done? What is SGOT value?
I presume that all other parameters are normal. SGPT is high than normal and not alarming definitely.
One single parameter with one value would not mean anything for now. If you are concerned about anything I suggest you to repeat after three months and get back to me.
Total Bilirubin 0.3
Alkaline Phosphatase 85
SGPT should be considered high normal
My earlier advice still holds good. The SGPT is considered high normal.
You should not worry now especially when the SGPT and SGOT ratio is less than 2. Instead repeat this test after three months.
If you do not have more queries please close and rate our discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?