Is Rivastigmine an effective medication for memory loss?

Neurologist
Question
Has Rivastigmine patch proven to be effective for memory loss that goes with Parkinson's DESEASE
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, studies suggest it has benefits.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern as the class cholinesteraze inhibitors like Rivastigmine have mainly been studied and used in Alzheimer's patients.

However there are many studies regarding the use of Rivastigmine patch or oral form in Parkinson's disease related cognitive impairment which indicate that their use has some benefit in Parkinson's as well. They (cholinesteraze inhibitors) are the only option listed by the XXXXXXX Academy of Neurology as being probably effective for memory and other cognitive issues in Parkinson's patients. So it is the best alternative for it.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.