• question-icon

Is Restasis effective in treating dry eyes?

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have dry eyes being treated with restasis I also have allergies. Lately I am being awakened in the middle of the night got with a sharp stabbing paint behind my right eyeball. this always occurs after midnight and wakes me up. It affects my vision for a minimum of 12 hours and started 3 weeks ago. It has occurred about 8-9 times.do I need to have this checked further and by whom? Thank you for your time!
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ocular migraine most likely(acephalgic ocular migraine)

Detailed Answer:
Most likely you are having ocular migraine.
Ocular migraines can develop with or without the accompanying pain of a classic migraine. During an ocular migraine, or migraine with aura, you may see flashing or shimmering lights, zigzagging lines, or stars.Pain is usually stabbing in nature.Ocular migraine usually affect only one eye.Pain usually lasts from few hours to one day.It is caused by an infarct or vascular spasm in or behind the affected eye.
Advice
MRI brain
Retinal examination.
You need consultation by opthalmologist and neurologist.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist