Is Remeron safe to take for depression?
very drowsy--skeeps all morning most of the time, sometimes has dreams but nice ones has had a couple of bad ones in last several weeks/on 15mg only with queliapine 12.5 HS maybe--canot confirm this at this time
would it help to decrease Remeron to 15mg so less side effects? biggest side effect is the drowsy cannot stay awake
Excessive drowsiness is a known side effect
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Excessive sedation and drowsiness is a known side-effect of remeron. Many of my patients have complained about this. In your mothers case it should be all the more avoided as she has problems with her memory as well. Sedation will disturb her residual memory as well. It increases the risk of falls and trauma as well. There are many other safer drugs for anxiety and depression like desvenlafaxine or sertraline or escitalopram which will not cause much sedation and at the same time will be effective.
If at all you want it to continue then you may reduce the dose to 7.5 mg every night and even this dose may be sufficient for her.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of stop taking depression
- Drugs/medication for stop taking depression
- Treatment and cure for stop taking depression
- Tiredness headache taking depression medication any suggestions
- Tiredness depression anxiety taking remeron correct dosage
- Can remeron help for depression and anxiety
- Symptoms of stop taking depression
- Stop taking depression causes
- Remeron for sleep and depression
- What causes vomiting while taking remeron for depression