Is RPR (NON-TREPONEMAL) REFLEX TO CONFIRMATION the same as RPR.
You do not seem to have syphilis
I'm Dr. Branch,
Thanks for using Ask a Doctor service.
Yes, this is an RPR test, I believe what they mean by "Reflex to Confirmation" is that if the test is positive, they will automatically do another test to confirm it.
Your RPR was negative, so that is reassuring that you do not have syphilis. In some cases of early syphilis, the RPR will be negative, but then you should have other symptoms (penile ulcer, rash). If you do not have any symptoms or specific risk factors for syphilis, this test should be conclusive that you don't have syphilis and no further testing is needed.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it with you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining