Is Primosa safe and effective for treatment of breast pain?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi....i have pain in both my breasts. my doctor asked me for prolactin test and my reports are normal. she prescribed me primosa 1000 for one month.how it can help me. I want to know if there is any side effect of this medicine or is it safe to have this? or should I consult some other doctor?
kindly help
Answered by Dr. S Patra 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

According to information, you are MOSTLY suffering from MASTALGIA (both side breast pain) and Evening Primrose Capsule (PRIMOSA) is usually given to treat this type of condition.

Evening primrose oil contains Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), an essential omega-6 fatty acid, converted in the body to Prostaglandin - types of enzymes that have been shown to balance female reproductive hormones and support a wide range of bodily functions, including moisture regulation of mucous membranes.

Side Effects: It is essential fatty acid and there is NO known side effects. It is well tolerated and quite SAFE when consumed daily.

I suggest you to continue above medicine for one month and if you DON'T found any improvement, then you should consult with GYNECOLOGIST for both breasts examination and undergo necessary investigation (if required).

In addition, you must AVOID too much breast handling, wear comfortable breast support (one size loose) and maintain personal hygiene properly.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 25 hours later
Do I need to loosen my bra before going to bed?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
WEAR ONE SIZE LOOSE OR REMOVE THE BRA BEFORE BED.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

You can wear one size loose bra or remove it completely before going to bed. It will be more comfortable for you.

Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best and good luck.

Dr Soumen