Is Primolut N effective in terminating pregnancy?

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor I m 5 week pregnant literally don't want my pregnancy to continue shall I take primolet to get aborted and how to take primolet dosage
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult with a gynecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query,

I have read through your query and Primolut n is not a medicine given for abortion. Primolut contains progesterone hormone which is a necessary hormone during the initial stages of pregnancy and therefore, taking this will instead support in continuing your pregnancy.

I would sincerely advice that it is best and safe for you to consult with a gynecologist and confirm an intrauterine pregnancy with help of a scan and then proceed further.

The medicines to be taken for abortion cannot be prescribed online and has to be taken under the supervision of a gynecologist.

I hope I have answered to your query.

Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close and give your feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 6 minutes later
Seriously i dont want to continue doctor it s just 5 weeks i know i have to ise mtp kit where can i get that mtp box plsss doctor setioudly i m really disgusting metally upset doctor plssssd
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back,

I can certainly understand the amount of stress and your concern now,

What I have suggested for you is always the best and the SAFE option for you as your health is of utmost importance as you are not planning to continue the pregnancy.

One of the main pre-requisite is to do an ultrasound to check if the gestational sac is in the uterus. Only then we can proceed with the MTP kit. If the sac is located elsewhere other than the uterus, it will have serious complications on your health.

Once it is confirmed that it is located in the uterus, you can directly proceed with MTP kit. The medicines present in the MTP kit does not guarantee complete abortion and therefore, if any remains of the fetus stays withing the uterus, then a surgical abortion has to be done. Therefore, it is always mandatory to consult with a gynecologist in your area and proceed further.

Also in order to check for complete abortion a repeat scan should be taken.

I hope I have made myself clear to you,

Kindly revert back for any further queries.

Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 19 minutes later
Wen can i go for the scan doctor exactly i m 5 weeks today actual they have put me scan for 45 days i.e between 6 and 7 weeks ..... then also i can go for medical abortion na doctor....
Wat happend actually 2 yrs back i had baby in 28 weeks as i had emergency cercalage in 20 weeks and due to abruption i had to deliver.... my baby was tr for 1 month in nicu and passed away.... from tat time i m very disappointed and stressed out... from then i developed fear towards pregnancy.... i only opted to plan my pregnancy and i got it for the first month itself.... i m realy stressed and dippressed so much i stated hitting my stomach and stoped to take medicines and doing bullshit....really crying like hell doctor it s not in my hands doctor pls tell me wat to do can u tell me some natural ways to get aborted
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

I am really sorry to hear about what happened to you,

But let me just tell you that you should not be disheartened and lose all hope. Please do not be stressed out and do acts of hurting yourself.

I would suggest you to do the following since you feel you are not ready for this pregnancy:

- go for a scan after a week's time
- once the presence of a gestational sac is seen in the uterus, you can discuss with your treating doctor and ask for prescription for MTP kit.

- also no natural remedies are safe and reliable for abortion in your case

- meanwhile, be calm and patient till you are in your 6th week and do not take any actions to hurt yourself.

- also, options for abortion available are- medical abortion- which can be done till 8-10th week and surgical abortion- which is the only option after that.

- anyhow, whatever decisions your treating doctor makes will be for your good health and safety.

I hope I have answered to your query,

Please keep me posted with your further details..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana