Is Plan B safe to take for an abortion?

Dr. Jacqueline Brown

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: i did abortion 8 month ago and today i plan to take plan b one step. it could make problem? if so can u tell me detail?
Answered by Dr. Jacqueline Brown 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plan B one step will not be affected by your procedure in the past

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.

An uncomplicated abortion does not have any health impact on future gynecological health, or on the ability to have a healthy pregnancy in the future. So unless you had a problem with your abortion, any type of contraception is an option for you.

Plan B one step is designed to protect against pregnancy for one particular sexual encounter. When taken wishing 72 hours of intercourse it helps prevent pregnancy 90 percent of the time. It is very safe, and no harm will come to a pregnancy if you accidentally conceive.

So please do not hesitate to use Plan B one step if you need emergency contraception.

I hope this answers your question and that my advice was helpful. If you need any clatlrification please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Beat wishes, Dr. Brown
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Jacqueline Brown 15 minutes later
if also we are not sure we had problem with birthday control can we use also?
Answered by Dr. Jacqueline Brown 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes Plan B one step is effective for condom accidents

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Yes Plan B one step is a good product to use if you have a condom accident or if there was an error in using another birth control method. But it also depends on what the error was with birth control because just missing one pill, if you take it as soon as you realized you missed
it, you do not need backup birth control. If more than 2 pills are missed, then Plan B one step may reduce the risk of pregnancy.

I hope this information was helpful and if you need anything else let me know.

Take care, Dr. Brown