Is Permethrin cream safe and effective in treatment of scabies?
Hello and thank you for your question. Some doctors recommend that everyone in the household get treated if there is a scabies outbreak but if you have no signs or symptoms it is okay to wait and see. It is important for all linen, towels, furniture that your grandson has used be cleaned thoroughly and the linens be washed in hot water. I wish you the best and hope that no one else is affected.
scabies are transferred by contact
Hello and thanks for your follow up. Scabies are a small insect and they can be transmitted by person to person contact or by contact with clothing, linens, furniture or other items that have been in contact with a person with the infestation. The mites and hopefully all their eggs are killed with the cream treatment then just washed off the body when you shower. Good health to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scabies treatment natural effective way
- Itching persist after using permethrin for scabies treatment
- Detol in the treatment of scabies
- Scabies permethrin side effect bruising on penis
- Natural scabies treatment
- Permethrin cream for scabies
- Can permethrin cream be used daily for scabies treatment
- Nizoral scabies treatment
- Scabies itchy bumps on whole body permethrin cream cure
- Scabies treatment permethrin