Is Pepto-Bismol advisable for travellers diarrhea?
there is no cross-reactivity between pepto-bismol and the other drugs
pepto-bismol has various formulations. I suppose you're talking about pepto-bismol for diarrhea which contains loperamide. There is no cross-reactivity between loperamide and the drugs you've mentioned, so we wouldn't expect an allergic reaction unless you're allergic to loperamide itself.
Please note that loperamide should not be used when there is blood in the stool or fever because it may make things worse.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i take pepto bismol for diarrhea
- Is pepto bismol used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Diarrhea and pepto bismol and cefdinir
- Dialysis patient having diarrhea can pepto bismol be taken
- Pepto bismol for diarrhea
- Pepto bismol for esophagitis
- Took pepto bismol now black diarrhea is that good
- Is pepto bismol good
- Kidney problems have diarrhea can pepto bismol be taken
- Black diarrhea pepto-bismol
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?