Is PCV vaccine safe for infants?

Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: hello Dr. My daughter is 5 months old and I did not start her pcv vaccine earlier at the age of 2 months. is it safe to start pcv vaccine now? how many doses will be required if we start now and at what interval? what will be the cost of pcv vaccination in India?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. Schedule of pcv is: -6weeks to 6months of age 3doses are to be give 4weeks apart. 7months to 11months- 2doses 4weeks apart. Regarding price Synflorix will cost you 2000per dose. Hope this helps,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing you and your family good health. God bless..
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Hello Dr. thank you for the answer. However I am still not clear whether I can start the vaccination now as my kid is already 5 months old? If yes, what will be the schedule?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes of course you can start vaccination. Schedule will be 3vaccines at interval of 4weeks. Let me know if you have any other doubt. Take care..