question-icon

Is Oxycodone safe to take before an angiogram?

Posted on Mon, 26 Nov 2018
Question: Hello. I'm having an angiogram on Tuesday, my first. Exploratory at this point. Family heart disease history and enough symptoms to merit the procedure. I'm in excellent health, as far as I know. My question - is there any danger in my taking an oxycodone 5 mg before the procedure. thanks
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

It should not be a problem

Detailed Answer:

Do you get excessive drowsiness after taking the medicine, if not then you can have it?

Also, mild drowsiness is acceptable. Also, usually you are asked to remain to fast for the procedure so you should have it before that fasting period.

Otherwise, there is no problem in having it.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist