Is OAB a symptom of MS?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Are urinary symptoms usually accompanied by other particular neurological signs in multiple sclerosis?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urinary and neurological symptoms not related

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, let me assure you, urinary symptoms are not linked to neurological signs in MS.
Hope your doubts are cleared.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 hour later
What do you mean? Isnt an overactive bladder part of the symptamology of multiple sclerosis?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
OAB doesn't present in MS.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
OAB(overactive bladder), may be associated in MS occasionally.
It's not that common.
It's depends on the focal neurological deficit involved.
If you can describe the MRI scan findings, i can give you a specific advice.
Overall, OAB isn't the way MS presents.
Kindly mention the treatment for MS, you're taking at present, as certain medication can also affect urinary symptoms.
Hope your doubts are cleared.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj