Is Nupenta 40 effective for loose motions?
Nupenta is for Acidity.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern.
Nupenta is Pantoprazole which is a Proton Pump Inhibitor, used mainly for Acidity and Acid Peptic Disease.
It helps in loose motions only by calming down your stomach by reducing acidity.
I need further details to help you regarding loose stools:
1. Since when are you suffering from loose motions?
2. Frequency and Consistency of loose stools?
3. Any blood in stools?
4. Any pain abdomen or fever?
This is my best opinion for you based on available details. If you have any further query please ask me and revert with the answers of the questions preferably in point wise manner.
Dr Anshul Varshney, MD
Loose motions happen once something spicy or rich food is consumed. whenever it starts, it is accompanied with lots of gas. The loose motions take place in the morning & it occur 3 to 4 times within 2 to 3 hrs. This problem goes away in 3 to4
days by eating simple diet.
No blood in the stool.
No pain or fever
Woould like to know a few more tthings.
This means that you develop loose stools after eating spicy meals.
Have you ever noticed any of the following:
1. You develop loose stools and pain abdomen following consumption of Wheat, Rice, Barley or oat?
2. You develop these symptoms following consumption of dairy products??
Give me these details for a better help.
During loose motion I consume curd rice, so it appears my stomach agrees with
Hope the above will help to suggest appropriate remedy for a healthy stomach.
We should rule out Celiac disease first.
I believe in treating after diagnosis because that treatment is actually worth.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. IgA anti TTG antibody to rule out celiac disease.
2. Stool for routine and microscopic examination.
3. Hemoglobin with ESR and CRP.
I am just worried for Celiac disease that you might have.
Till the reports are available you may start on:
1. Tab Pantoprazole 40mg once a day.
2. A probiotic like Lactovit or Bifilac once a day.
3. Take soft and Bland diet.
4. Avoid spicy food
Review with me with the reports.
If you have a further query please ask me as you may close the discussion and rate it.