Is Neotigason safe inspite of trying to conceive?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, my husband has been prescribed neotigason for his psoriasis. We are planning to start a family straight away and after reading the fact sheet I am very concerned about the effects this May have if I fall pregnant. Should he take these if we are trying for children? Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk if a men on acitretin wants to father

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it.

Available data do not appear to indicate any reproductive safety risk due to paternal treatment with acitretin. Therefore unlike females, men taking acitretin can father children with no additional risks.