Is Neosporin on a scraped knee along with a TdaP injection enough treatment to prevent infection?
You have done correctly, take additional care as advised.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history well and understood the concerns.
It is nice to know that you got a booster of immunization, Tdap.
Surely, you have done the best possible measures.
If there could've been a focused and clear photograph posted, it would have helped me more.
Cleaning with Hydrogen peroxide helps to remove all the dirt. Then clean with Liquid Povidone Iodine and dress in a sterile gauze soaked in Povidone Iodine.
Till then continue with the same measures you have already done.
Change the dressing only when it is wet.
If the wound was from a dirt ladder it is always better to have a small course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicine for a few days to ward off the infection as the wound is near knee that is a joint.
So no need to worry, take further precautions and you should be fine.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
If you are certain of proper immunization and booster, no need
Please post photos again, not yet seen on dashboard.
If you have been immunized well and have been taking regular boosters TIG may not be needed ideally.
Proper immediate cleaning is very important which you have done already.
You have already got a booster for tetanus now.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Polysporin vs neosporin treatment
- Folliculitis treatment neosporin children
- Treatment and cure for knee infection
- Treatment of urinary infection by injection
- Knee arthritis treatment injections
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Treatment for yeast infection behind knees
- Is neosporin used in the treatment of skin infection, bacterial ?
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Treatment and cure for fever/ knee infection