Is Neopeptine syrup safe for infants?

Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 30 Apr 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hello Sir, do you suggest neopeptine syrup for 1 year old kids usage everyday or only often?
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no recommendation to use this. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. I do not use neopeptine syrup for my patients. There is no real indication to use it. As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned this is my recommendation. None of the Pediatric text books that I have read recommend their usage in infants. I do not think there is much scientific evidence for its routine usage in children. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E