Is Navidoxine safe to take for vomiting during pregnancy?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Dear Dr

Last time I communicated with you I was complaining about not having any pregnancy symptoms. You said that is fine. Now I have had my first ultra sound and got a 155 bpm. Anyhow, now the preganancy sysmptoms have kicked in to their peak. I was having very high nausea and vomiting. So my doctor gave me Navidoxine to use as and when need basis. I want to know if this drug pregnanacy safe. Also please lt me know the minimum time allowed in between 2 dose. As of now, I am taking this medicine every 36 hours. The affect of each dose lasts until 36 hours and after that I can feel heavy nausea again.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
YES , Navidoxine is safe

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX ,

YES , Navidoxine is safe and is the drug for vomiting and nausea in pregnancy.

You can take it as you need also OR Once a day 1 tab at bed­time.

Either ways it is safe.

The minimum time allowed is 24 hours to be safest.

DO not worry. It is safe for you and your baby.