Is Mobic advisable for back pain while having myasthenia gravis?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 22 Nov 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Thank you yes I have myesthinia Gravis and have pain in my back bad and was wondting if I could take Mobic my adress is YYYY@YYYY . Ps I have a fatty liver I take Imuranfour tablettes of 50 mg a day

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be used intermittently...

Detailed Answer:

Hi, thanks for your query...

Mobic has some similarities to ibuprofen which you have been instructed not to use.

They are in the same family of drugs but work slightly differently, because of this slight difference, you can use mobic intermittently.

If it does not work for you then your doctor may be able to prescribe a stronger med.

In addition to the painkiller, a warm compress to the affected area, 2 to 3 times a day.

A topical pain aid may also help, e.g. capsaicin.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician