Is Mifegest kit safe for abortion?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 5 weeks pregnant. And 22 years of age. No previous pregnancy history. Is taking Misogest and 4 tabs of Misoprostol safe for aborting ? Will there be any problem for future pregnancy? How long will the abortion bleeding continue?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

It is dangerous to take these medicines by yourself without supervision of gynecologist.

Ultrasound scan is required before abortion. Conditions like ectopic pregnancy if present lead to life threatening complications if abortion is attempted.

Please send me ultrasound scan report so that I can advise further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Ultrasound scan has been done. Its a normal pregnancy. My gynaecologist had prescribed the medicines and I am under full supervision. Just worried about future pregnancy. Will it affect future chances of conceiving?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:

No. It won't affect future pregnancy. Don't worry. Take adequate precautions next time as abortion repeatedly is not good.