Is Mensovit plus a contraceptive pill?
You will require plan B two step.
Welcome to health care magic,
Mensovit plus is a drug used to regularize irregular and prolonged period.
It is not a contraceptive pill.Also,it is not avilable over the counter.
I am very happy that you are asking about emergency contraceptive as this is a very good way to prevent unwanted pregnancy in cases of unexpected sexual episodes.
There are two types of pills :
Plan B one step: contains levonorgestrel. It can be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex works best if taken within 12 hours. It delays ovulation and also does not allow the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus if ovulation has occurred.
Another plan B (two step) or routine plan B or levonorgestrel pills are also available and contains two tablets one is to be taken as soon as possible within 72 hours and the next 12 hours later.
The Plan B state that you should take 1 white pill within 72 hours after unprotected sex and 1 more white pill 12 hours later. Each dose contains 0.75 mg of levonorgestrel. The two pills are identical and it does not matter which pill you take first.
Ulipristal acetate (brand name XXXXXXX one 30 mg): It works in a similar fashion but can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex. Many brand names are available and can be obtained from the chemist without prescription.
The problem with pills are they may cause nausea, diarrhea, breast tenderness, headache and vomiting. This can be minimized by taking them after meals and use of antiemetic drugs like domperidone to prevent nausea and vomiting.
They may cause delay in the next period or cause an early next period or spotting. Menstrual irregularities are more likely in the next one cycle following this pills.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?