Is Magnesium Sulphate effective in treatment of reccurring chalazion?

Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I've purchased Magnesium Sulphate Paste for a reoccurring chalazion. After two failed surgeries it has come back each time. I've read that the paste will draw out the pus like it would a boil. Have you heard or know of this working for chalazions also?
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No,magnesium sulphate wont work on chalazion. Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for writing to us, Magnesium sulphate have no role in chalazion treatment. Chalazion mode of treatment is surgery, but the recurrence is high. Intra leshional steroid injection is advisable in case of recurrence. Warm compresses helps to relieve the swelling and symptoms. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T