Is Lyrica 100mg 3 x a day cause hair loss
Yes it may cause it
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
If the hair fall started after starting Lyrica, then there is probability that it is causing it. It maybe directly causing it or by causing diarhea.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
There are many options
Kindly let me know your health problem in detail for which you are taking Lyrica. Nerve pain maybe caused by many conditions like trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica etc.
Carbamazepine is good for neuralgia. There are many other options available.
Waiting for your response.
Should I stop taking lyrica all at once.
For today you can take pregabalin
For today you can take pregabalin. But if hair loss is excessive then it needs to be discontinued.
Your doctor will probably start you on Gabapentin or antidepressants like Duloxetine, Venlafaxine, Amytriptiline as an alternative.
Capsaicin cream can be applied over the painful area. Available over-the-counter.
Supplements containing alpha lipoic acid can also be tried and can show efficacy due to anti-oxidative effect. Its also available over the counter.
Hope this helps. Feel free to write back.
Yes its been approved
The two medicines that have been approved by US FDA for diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) are Lyrica (Pregabalin) and Cymbalta (Duloxetine). There is research to support this recommendation. If it has suited you in the past, then you can take it again for DPN.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...