Owl Image

Is Lorazepam a pain reliever for shingles?

Owl Image
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Question
I have a lot of pain the doctor thinks I have shingles he prescribe iboprufin 500 I took one pill at 7:30 pm. and now is 11:00 pm can I take another pill? Also he prescribe Lorazepan will the Lorazepan help me with the pain?
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding medication for pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Tab. Ibuprofen can be taken 3-4 times in a day i.e every 6-8 hours. If Ibuprofen alone is ineffective you may request your doctor to add Tab. Tramadol hydrochloride, once or twice, in a day for a few days.
Lorazepam is for anxiety. It is not for pain.