Is Levofloxacin effective at treating bacterial pneumonia?
levofloxacin is for bacterial pneumonia
levofloxacin can only be effective against bacteria, so I suppose the doctor thought it's bacterial! Transmission of the pathogens depends on the pathogen. The first few days are the most dangerous ones. After 3-4 days of effective treatment, infectivity supposed to be low.
Washing the hands, wearing protective masks, keeping a safe distance (2 meters away) from patients and getting fresh air into the room are ways to reduce the risk of transmission.
I hope it helps!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Bacterial pneumonia
- Bacterial pneumonia causes
- Prevention of bacterial pneumonia
- Symptoms of Bacterial pneumonia
- How to treat bacterial pneumonia
- Incubation period for bacterial pneumonia
- Bilateral bacterial pneumonia causes
- Symptoms of bilateral bacterial pneumonia
- Diagnosis of bilateral bacterial pneumonia
- Lymphocytopenia bacterial pneumonia
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?