Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Is Letrozole or Clomid recommended for getting pregnant?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5962 Questions
Would you recommend Letrozole or Clomid for trying to assist with getting pregnant, assuming we want the drug with the least side affects to the mother and baby, while also being successful. Which is better in that regards? Are there any other choices besides aforementioned that we should review also?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: LETROZOLE IS SAFER. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Both Letrozole and Clomiphene citrate are comparable. However, letrozole is considered slightly more safe. It is also useful for women who do not initially respond to clomiphene citrate. In addition, if both fail to induce ovulation, injections of gonadotropins or gonadotropin antagonists can be used. A lot depends on the patient profile, as the decision is highly individulaized. I am attaching a link for you to go through - WWW.WWWW.WW All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor