Is Lanzol the right medicine for vomiting and loose motion?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
my daughter is one year 3 months old. she is suffering from vomiting and loose motion since last night. my doctor advised junior lanzol 15 with ondansetron oral for her. please suggest me is it right to give her? suggest anything else.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral diarrhoea

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.

It seems your kid is having watery diarrhoea probably due to a viral infection.

Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.

I suggest you use zinc supplements (Z&D drops 1ml once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use Syrup Ondansetron (2.5ml thrice a day, half an hour before feeding)/ as already suggested by your paediatrician.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,