Is Lactogen advisable for a 5 month old baby?
As I am a working mother I am giving Lactogen to my 5 months old baby for 2 feeds and remaining times giving him the breast milk. I heard that giving lactogen is not good . Is it true ? He is 5 months 1 week old now . Can i Give anything else along with milk ?
Breast milk is best food for infants less than 6 months of age
Welcome to the HCM
I completely understand your concerns. Let me tell you that there have been controversies regarding Nestle products in the recent times.
According to World Health Organisation, six months of exclusive breastfeeding increases a child's chance of survival by six times. For such practices of encouraging mothers to the expensive baby food packets and discouraging breastfeeding, leading to problems of kwashiorkor and marasmus among infants, Nestle faced boycotts of its products in places like Switzerland, Britain and the US.
Also, there are petitions in court for improper labelling of baby milk product.
I am telling you this to just make you aware that the best food at present for your baby is your breast milk. You may store it in case you are working for the times when you are away from your baby.
The next alternative is formula milk for which you can very well use Dexolac premium, Nan pro 1 or Lactogen 1. All are good if properly constituted under hygienic conditions and used only if there is no possibility of breastfeeding. Complementary feeds should be started only after 6 months.
Hopefully this will help you in taking decision. I would be glad to help you for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lactogen infant formula for 3 month old baby
- Lactogen for 4 months old baby
- Quantity of lactogen for 7 month old baby
- Allergy to lactogen in 6 months old baby
- Is good to feed lactogen to 4month old baby
- Lactogen milk formula for 7month old baby
- Lactogen dosage for 5 months old baby
- Oflomac syrup is advisable for 10 months old baby
- Is it safe to give lactogen to 1 month old baby
- Lactogen feeds for 1 month old baby
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?