Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is Ketoconazole safe and as effetive as Nizrole?

Answered by
Dr. Rahul Kumar


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 6293 Questions

Posted on Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Will this stuff work as well, been told its the same as nizrole 2%
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: same cream Detailed Answer: Hello The cream is ketoconazole. It is an anti fungal and is same as nirzal or nirzole. These are trade names of same cream. I would like to know bit details about your condition. Why you are using this cream? May be I can help you better with details. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 56 minutes later
Been going on for 5 months yet to be cured and will this work?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for photograph. Its looking like fungal infection. This cream will work but there are better creams like clotrimazole and terbinafine available to cure fungal infection. Better go for these instead of ketoconazole. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Terbinafine

doctor1 MD

I am male and have an active yeast infection (jock itch). I decided it would help if I shaved my pubic hairs. As I was shaving, I nicked myself in 2 places. The nicks bleed, but not bad or for very long. I applied nystatin cream on the area, including nicks, when I got out of the shower. I am also taking oral medication (terbinafine). Should I be concerned with the infection become systemic?

doctor1 MD

I m taking terbinafine and I want to know why I shouldn t drink coffee? I d like to continue coffee, though I understand terbinafine might increase the jitteriness factor (so I will drink less), but I want to know if coffee restricts the effectiveness of the terbinafine? Thank you! Johnny

doctor1 MD

My Dr said I had severe Tinea Cruis, but both topical and oral anti fungal s were not working. Ketoconazole 2%, and OTC miconazole, and oral Terbinafine. After 4 weeks of topical and 3 weeks of the oral terbinafine, he perscribed me a tube of Betamethasone, and everyday it has gotten better. But now says it was an alergic reaction, but nothing has changed in my groin area.

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 44 years old male and I had reddish lession on my penis head which the doctor said was "fungal" with a Lamisil Gel cream and a antiseptic soap prescribed by doctor. It went away but now at the base of the penis where the skin meets, there is a whitish substance which does not wash away. Can you help please? Thanks

doctor1 MD

I was having itching in my areas involving touching such as thighs, underarms and it was causing sour smell, so i asked one of the doctors here and they said that i have XXXXXXX otch and prescribed me an anti fungal cream but couldnt find it. I...

doctor1 MD

Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag

doctor1 MD

I've had ringworm from 5 months.. Initially i used tenovate m for 2 months and there were no results in decrease of the spreading.. Doctor prescribed itraconazole for one month plus application of topical cream ebernet.. Its been 3 weeks and i see...