Is Ketoconazole safe and as effetive as Nizrole?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Will this stuff work as well, been told its the same as nizrole 2%
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: same cream Detailed Answer: Hello The cream is ketoconazole. It is an anti fungal and is same as nirzal or nirzole. These are trade names of same cream. I would like to know bit details about your condition. Why you are using this cream? May be I can help you better with details. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 56 minutes later
Been going on for 5 months yet to be cured and will this work?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for photograph. Its looking like fungal infection. This cream will work but there are better creams like clotrimazole and terbinafine available to cure fungal infection. Better go for these instead of ketoconazole. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D