Is Keppra effective in combating side effects of Amisulpride?
No it is not like that
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
Amisulpride at 100 mg dose preferentially block presynaptic D(2)/D(3)-dopamine autoreceptors, thereby enhancing dopaminergic transmission. This may cause some worsening of OCD and phobia symptoms but it self can not create such symptoms.However at higher doses block postsynaptic receptors, thus inhibiting dopaminergic hyperactivity.This may help in OC symptoms.
Antagonism of 5HT7 and 5HT2b rather help in depressive symptoms so can also help in phobia symptoms.But antagonism of 5HT7 and 5HT2b can also indirectly induce dopamine system and worsen the OC fetures. Exact mechanisms still under investigation.
Keppra has no role in interaction with solian at pharmacodynamic, neurochemical or at metabolisam level.So keppra is not making effects of solian softer. However keppra itself useful in resistant OCD which is helping you.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Your explanation is very clear and i undrstand now very well what's happening. I just have another question. what dosage of Keppra can be useful for resistant OCD? My dosage is too lower or it's ok?
no it is not lower but it can be increased if need
Thanks for follow up question.
Keppra can be given up to 3000 mg dose in required situation specifically in epilepsy.Maximum 60 mg/kg in divided doses.
In OCD doses generally range fro 250 to 2000 mg depending upon severity of the symptoms, other medicines going on with keppra and person's ability to tolerate the drug.
In your case if you are well on 1000 mg, it is good dose. If not feeling well or need more improvement, dose can be increased also. However dose is for sure not too lower.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Keppra xr side effects
- Keppra 500 mg side effects
- Side effects of keppra levetiracetam
- Keppra side effects in adults
- Is itching a side effect of keppra?
- Is euphoria a side effect of keppra?
- Is dizziness or lightheadedness a side effect of keppra?
- Is chills a side effect of keppra?
- Is depersonalization a side effect of keppra?
- Side effect of Keppra
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation