Is Ibuprofen safe to take while on Virtussin AC Syrup and LevoFloxacin?
cannot use the ibuprofen with levofloxacin
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Virtussin AC contains codeine and guiafenesin.
There is no interaction with the virtussin AC but there is a risk of reaction between the levofloxacin and ibuprofen.
Use of NSAIDS (ibuprofen, cataflam, naproxen etc) with medications in the levofloxacin family can potentially worsen the effects of levofloxacin on the nervous system.
Most persons use levofloxacin and similar medication with no effect on the central nervous system at all but when meds such as ibuprofen are added , certain chemicals in the nervous system are altered increasing the chance of seizures, tremors, hallucinations
Ibuprofen CANNOT be used with levofloxacin
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
tylenol but this may not be effective for you
Unfortunately the safest at this time would be acetaminophen (tylenol) which may not be effective for you
All the NSAIDS (ibuprofen, cataflam, naproxen, celebrex, ketoprofen etc) would interact with
Because the cough med has in codeine, tramadol, cannot be used though some of the other opiates such as oxycodone can be used but would be asosciated with increased risk of sedation
Please feel free to ask anything else
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Atenolol is it safe to take ibuprofen
- Safe to take ibuprofen with vyvanse
- Will taking levofloxacin be safe for bladder infection
- Taking levofloxacin 750 mg
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen with bisoprolol
- Is it safe to take omeprazole with ibuprofen
- Is levofloxacin safe to use
- How long to take levofloxacin
- Is levofloxacin safe to take in pregnancy
- Drinking alcohol while on levofloxacin