Is Hydroxyzine good for both itching as well as prediabetes?
Hello. Thank you for asking.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Histamine - released by circulating Mast cells - is a mediator of itch. Hydroxyzine, an oral antihistamine, relieves itching by interfering with the binding of histamine with H1 receptors but it has no role as an antidiabetic drug so you cannot use it as a substitute for metformin for diabetes / pre-diabetes.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body