Is Hydroheal effecting in treating scratch at urethral opening?

Dermatologist
Question
I had been talking with Dr Pitroda about HydroHeal for a scratch at opening of urethra. I talked with my doctor and she didnt know what it was and she called the pharmacy and they couldnt find anything on it. I live in rural USA and around here no doctors are pharmacist knows anything about it. I cant even find where to buy it on internet. Can anyone help me to get thos product in the USA ? Or do you know of a similar product sold in USA
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hydroheal gel is a moist wound dressing with silver ions. It helps in wound healing and has antibacterial property too.

It is easily available in your country. You may check this site for availability
http://www.drugneed.com/viridis-biopharma-hydroheal-cream-15gm-viridis-p-6395.html

I can understand that every doctor has different opinion about the cut/abrasion near urethral meatus. There is no harm in using hydroheal gel. Had you been my patient, I would have just advised to clean the area with lukewarm water while bathing. Soap/dettol/savlon should not be used in affected area as it may irritate the area. Also a topical antibiotic steroid cream like fusidic acid mixed with fluticasone cream should be used twice in a day.

A few things that should be checked in your case-
if your blood sugar level is normal
If your foreskin is too tight ie if you feel its difficult to retract it.
If your glans get covered with white curdy discharge along with this cut or fissure.
If your wife has vaginal itching and discharge
If you get these cuts after sexual contact.

these questions are just to rule out if yeast infection( candidal balanitis)/trauma due to tight foreskin/diabetes is the underlying cause for the abrasion.

Hope this helped.