Is Hydrogen Peroxide safe for removing moles on the face and body?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Is 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide safe to put on facial body moles? If so what consistency and if not why not, or what home remedy will work. I have many body moles, and have had them frozen only they returned. I also have had one large cut off only to have a scar and small ones come back in its place. I read about peroxide on the internet.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not safe

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that hydrogen peroxide is damaging to tissues and it would not be a good idea to put hydrogen peroxide in any concentration over your face. I would insist you to provide an image of the moles. As such, moles may tend to come back even after cryotherapy and there is hardly anything you can do about it.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 days later
I noticed that you said hardly, is there any home remedy that I can use over and over to reduce moles, or continue to treat them that you trust.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
A home remedy suggested

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. There are two types of moles - sessile and pediculate. The pediculate ones are those with a stalk while sessile ones do not have a stalk. If your moles are pediculate you can take a strand of long hair (a thin but strong thread can act as a substitute), wind it around the stalk of the mole, tie it tightly and then leave it there. This would cut off the blood supply to the mole and eventually it will simply slough off. This is the best home remedy.