Is Hydrochlorothiazide still available in the market?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I have been prescribed Furosemide 20mg for mild water retention. What I used to take, and it worked!, was hydrochlorothiazide. Have they stopped making that?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am , I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the group thiazide diuretics and is considered the first choice medication in treatment of water retention and it is still available in the market under the trade names
HydroDIURIL, Microzide, Esidrix, Oretic.. I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T