Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

175 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is Hucog 5000HP at 10 weeks of pregnancy safe?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12925 Questions
my wife is having a pregnancy of 10 weeks and the doctor has prescribed HUCOG 5000 HP once in a week as my wife has already a abortion on 1st March 2014. As she is 35 years old.please guide.
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The treatment is correct.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Inj. HUCOG is given in early pregnancy to support the placental function. It helps in better placental attachment and normal growth of the baby and reduces the chances of miscarriage. Your gynecologist has correctly suggested for this. Folic acid helps in preventing the neural tube defects in the baby.
The nutritional supplements that you need for healthy baby include-
1. A high protein diet- rich in pulses, cereals, eggs, fish, etc.
2. A high calcium intake- like milk, milk products, eggs, bajra, ragi, etc.
3. Eat fiber rich fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
4. Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
5. Drink plenty of fluids
6. Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
7. Take regular iron , calcium and DHA supplements after 14 weeks as will be prescribed by your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN