Is Hucog 5000HP at 10 weeks of pregnancy safe?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: my wife is having a pregnancy of 10 weeks and the doctor has prescribed HUCOG 5000 HP once in a week as my wife has already a abortion on 1st March 2014. As she is 35 years old.please guide.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The treatment is correct.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Inj. HUCOG is given in early pregnancy to support the placental function. It helps in better placental attachment and normal growth of the baby and reduces the chances of miscarriage. Your gynecologist has correctly suggested for this. Folic acid helps in preventing the neural tube defects in the baby.
The nutritional supplements that you need for healthy baby include-
1. A high protein diet- rich in pulses, cereals, eggs, fish, etc.
2. A high calcium intake- like milk, milk products, eggs, bajra, ragi, etc.
3. Eat fiber rich fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
4. Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
5. Drink plenty of fluids
6. Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
7. Take regular iron , calcium and DHA supplements after 14 weeks as will be prescribed by your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal